Ballater motor cycle enthusiast Francis Duguid has taken his interest to the red line with a rare collection of Italian machines.
He has spent many years amassing his armada of Ducatis, which has been featured in several motorcycle enthusiasts’ magazines.
In 1926 Antonio Cavalieri Ducati and his three sons, Adriano, Marcello, and Bruno Cavalieri Ducati; founded Società Scientifica Radio Brevetti Ducati in Bologna to produce vacuum tubes, condensers and other radio components.
In 1935 they had become successful enough to enable construction of a new factory in the Borgo Panigale area of the city. Production was maintained during World War II, despite the Ducati factory being a repeated target of Allied bombing.